It was really hard to accept the cost but we NEED this! Or at least that's what Conor says.
Conor does not know what we did yesterday. Basically, Patrick picked Caitlin and myself up and we went over to Kids Structures to check out some Rainbow Systems b/c I called earlier in the day when I saw they had some Demos on sale. And with that in mind, that means a CHEAPER play system with a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Well when we got to the place, I misheard (is that a Clemens word?) the manager on the phone and the Demo on Clearance was the 2008 prototype. Well with this prototype, we could not ADD features to it in the future. But that didn't bother me at all! It is still a great system that we would get great use out of it for years to come.
Well daddy disagreed! He wanted a bigger one that we saw at Baybrook Mall. I just about choked and cried! He KNOWS how much they cost, but it didn't bother him one bit. Thinking of the future, blah blah blah. Well does his future have us living in League City forever when he is thinking of moving to DC next year? Didn't deter him one bit. He wanted the BIG ONE! OMG, it's like talking to a kid in a candy store and saying no you can't have anything.
While I was freaking out b/c of the cost, yet knowing I KNOW it is a great investment...Caitlin has been playing around with the system, swinging back and forth, going up the slide, ROCKWALL, you name, she wanted to do it. And then throwing a FIT when I told her we had to go. There she is crying b/c she wanted "More More". Of course, its easy to say NO to her now b/c she will get over it.
But I started to think about Conor and how hard the move was for him and missing his pals in Pearland. He is starting to make new best friends on the cul-de-sac and all he does is RACE his bicycle. He really needed something else to expand his playing experiences with his friends.
So, there I am telling Patrick to put down the deposit. And Conor has NO IDEA that by NEXT FRIDAY, there will be a super cool new slide he asked Santa for this past christmas. And it didn't hurt one bit when we found out that we were getting the LAST 2007 model in Houston and it was deeply discount.
I know it is a great idea. We will have many many memories with this system. And lots and lots of parties too!

4 comments:
omg, you got it?!!! and moving to DC??
How exciting!
The kids are going to have so much fun!
very cool!!!
Post a Comment