Easter weekend was great b/c Kathy and Ben flew in from OH for a visit.
We had a great time with them in town and the kids just miss and adore their tio and tia.
On Easter morning, we got their Easter Baskets out that Karianne and Jon gave them (minus the yummy treats inside) and had a hunt inside the townhome. Ben and Kathy hid eggs when the kids went to sleep. The kids had no idea what was going to happen in the morning.
In the meantime, the night before I started to make my Easter English Muffin breakfast casserole I found a recipe for in the paper the week before.
Easter Baskets ready to go!

Caitlin and Conor waiting for the hunt.

And they were off!! I couldn't take a pic of Conor b/c he was just all over the place!!!


Here is Caitlin finding some eggs.

Caitlin was so proud of her eggs.
She was ready to open and eat them all up!!!
Oh and you are probably wondering what is up with the Snow White costume.
We have a standing playdate on Friday nights with a neighbor and the girl gave Caitlin her Snow White costume b/c she doesn't wear it.....she wears Ariel all the time.
Caitlin LOVES her new costume!!

Caitlin and Conor with their eggs after they found every one of them.

And just in time b/c my English Muffin breakfast casserole is DONE!

It tasted DELICIOUS!!! I will definitely make this again with a large crowd.
After our breakfast, we headed to Old Town Alexandria. We absolutely LOVE this area. It was suppose to warm up to the high 50s this day but AGAIN here we are in the low 40s freezing off. But once we got to the yacht slips, the sun was shining and it felt so good! I actually took off my jacket.

Here is the Cullen Family enjoying their Easter Stroll.

After walking around for a bit, it was lunch time. We went to my favorite restaurant, Chadwicks. I love this place!! Great food in a relaxing family atmosphere.

I knew I loved this place b/c they even had an Easter Bunny walking around with candy for the kiddos and taking pics. Here you see Tia Kathy and Conor taking a pic with the good ole' Easter Bunny after they got some treats.
Caitlin absolutely REFUSED to take a picture with the bunny, yet she didn't refuse the candy he was offering. She does not like the bunny costume....later on she warmed up with all the candy he passed out to her.

Conor and the Chadwick's Easter Bunny
After lunch we walked back to our car and went back home. Kathy and Ben had to pack and go back to OH. We really enjoyed their visit and we will miss them until we see them back in TX in June.
0 comments:
Post a Comment