Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Trip to Alexandria, VA

So the morning started out at 5am. We packed up the night before. We let the kids sleep until 545am. We left by saying goodbye to Tio Mando, Tia Mariel, and Tio Josh and thanking them for letting us crash at their place during this transition.

Can you tell the kids were happy to leave??
After our last stop at Whataburger around 830am in Baytown, the kids enjoyed a little entertainment in the car.....mainly Transformers for Conor.


We were traveling and decided to try and take pictures of each state we go to. We missed the Leaving TX sign....but we will soon see it again when we drive back.

Here we are entering Louisiana.

It was exciting to see a NASA sign outside of TX.
We wished we had more time to take a tour.

Ahhhh, Mississippi.....
Caitlin has so far been dry the whole trip.
I was not planning on "potty training" her on our 3 day adventure, but she was doing a fabulous job.

Ahhh, time for us to rest.......wait...it was just the kids.
By this time, I was feeling nausea and queasy.
I had no idea why I was feeling this way....I couldn't even touch my fries from Burger King.

Alabama!! We made it to our first destination.
We stayed in DT Mobil and NASA hooked us up at a great Marriott Rivercenter.
Very nice, awesome views.
no pics, b/c by now I was DYING...didn't know why....was praying I wasn't...well, you know.

So we got up at 530am again, packed up and left.
We made it through Georgia........BARELY!!!!!!!!

There was NO GAS in and outside of Atlanta and ummm, NO ONE TOLD US ABOUT THAT!
This was a very stressful time for us. The kids had no clue what the heck is going on....all they saw was mommy and daddy worrying about where to fill up and mommy feeling SICK.
There were signs with no prices on them and that meant they didn't have gas.



After calling AAA and asking them if they 5 gallons of gas for their members, they said they ran out of gas 3 weeks ago and their tow trucks were out of service b/c they didn't have gas.
I was getting really nervous being stuck in a strange city.
And then we came over a hill and saw NUMBERS!!!
A gas station with gas! We got lucky and they opened their pumps for a few minutes.
We went to the restroom and left....they already closed the pumps.
We thank God for his protection on that one.


So we made it to South Carolina.

And I yak'd somewhere around here!
I felt so much better!
FOOD POISONING.......from Whataburger, I guess.
They must really hate me that I left TX.


AND again....NO GAS! We lucked out by putting gas across the street from our hotel.
The hotel attendant warned us and told us to fill tonight b/c there were probably be no gas in the morning. Good thing he told us b/c he was right! The next morning we woke up and saw no numbers on gasoline signs again.


North Carolina....almost there!


Virginia.........WE MADE IT!!


No furniture still....waiting. Caitlin is having a snack in the meantime.


It's just like IKE. Using my laptop to entertain the kids b/c we have no TV or cable yet.
We didn't have cable for another week! There was a neighborhood YEAH, when they saw the Comcast guy leaving our place!! I jumped up and down too.


While we were shopping for food, Conor spotted a pumpkin and asked if I could take a picture of him. It was a strange request, but I did anyways....he looked so cute!

0 comments: